GB 1859 SJCR/SJPH/1/12/1
College gardens and grounds: General Photographs
- 1990-2007 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
53 items. Paper and film
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
- 16/Album (Sl 39): Given by Vaughan Crook, Head Gardener.
- 10/Album (Sl 36-39): Taken by Bursar's Assistant and the Dean, Dr Robin Glasscock.
- 10/Album (Sl 41-54): Given by Col. Robinson, former Domestic Bursar.
- 10/Album (Sl 57): Given by Ken North.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Photographs and negatives of the College Gardens and Grounds.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
The items are stored separately:
- Sl 38 and 10/ALBUM Sl 36-39: Prints of the giant redwood conifer before, during and after felling in 1992.
- Sl 39: Prints of the ash trees planted between Cripps and Scholar's Garden.
- Sl 40-41: Views of grounds and flowers taken by former Archivist Mr Underwood.
- Sl 35: Print of lamp-post on path to the eagle gate
- Sl 41-54: Prints showing details and faults of wrought-iron Field gates
- Sl 57: Negatives of fruit and vegetables growing in College gardens
- Sl 58: Print of old copper beech tree
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description